Will Anyone Find Out if I File?
Although the filing of a bankruptcy petition is public record, this information is not easily accessible to the average person. Bankruptcy filing is done electronically, so you would need access to this electronic system to find that information. It is no more of a public record than any lawsuit brought by one of your creditors. Your friends/family will NOT be notified of your filing if they are not one of your creditors.
- Will Bankruptcy Show on My Credit Report?
- Do I Tell My Creditors I’m Filing Bankruptcy When They Call Me?
- How Do I Stop My Creditors from Calling Between Now and the Time I File My Bankruptcy?
- What Property Can I Keep If I File For Bankruptcy In Michigan?
- How a Personal Injury Lawsuit Impacts Bankruptcy